Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Help Support A Small Business, Yourself, and Me

I try to limit any sort of "ads" or promotions on this website unless I think they contribute something positive in a spiritual way to my readers. I also try to be up front about anything I get to review or for free. (I don't get a ton of promotional stuff, but occasionally I do and will let you know why I am talking about it.)

The one place I do frequently support though is Aquinas and More, an independent Catholic Bookstore based out of Colorado that has a very extensive collection of Catholic goods, especially books.

Shop for thousands of Catholic gifts at www.aquinasandmore.com

They are a really great business and have a great affiliate program. What that means is, every time one of my readers buys something from them, I get a little bit in return towards my future purchases there. This helps them out, it helps me out, and you get the pleasure of great Catholic items. So occasionally I will promote them in an attempt at getting you all to remember to buy your Catholic "goods" from them.

This helps me out greatly, because it keeps me stocked with books, and I can also use the rewards for purchasing gifts for my God-children on their birthdays, feast days, and Sacramental celebrations. This lightens the burden on me in two areas of my life that are really important to me: family and books. 

 I know there are places that I can make "money" from and some have tried to convince me to use "bigger" places to make a little money, but I think it is important to help our small businesses and A&M has always been really good to bloggers. Beyond that, they have a really intentional and deeply loyal business plan that is faithful to the Catholic Church like no other business I have ever seen. From their site:
Mission
Our mission is to provide the tools necessary for Catholics and non-Catholics to learn more about the Faith and for Catholics to deepen their Faith. This goal will be achieved by providing a clear, unapologetic presentation of the faith and quality Catholic products that are beautiful, fairly priced and helpful to those who want to get to Heaven.

No Chinese Products
We believe that by purchasing products from China we would be contributing to the things mentioned here. Because of this, we refuse to carry most statues and pretty much anything porcelain that's made today. We have been able to find sources for products in other countries. They may cost a little more but we rest better at night knowing that our money isn't helping to support forced abortions and the persecution of Christians in China.
They also have all sorts of really great features on their site to let you know how faithful and orthodox certain items are. Beyond that though, they don't even cary a lot of "questionable" items simply so that they can guarantee that anything you buy from theme is aligned with authentic Catholic teaching.

So the next time you want to buy a book, or need a gift for a relative, please click on the link on my side bar (or use the search box I have included) to go over to Aquinas and More, and do you shopping there.

Here are some great things you can purchase through them:

Daily Roman Missal - The New Translation
Daily Roman Missal











Books by Pope Benedict

Spirit of the Liturgy











Magnificat Subscription Renewal
Magnificat One Year Subscription Renewal











Latin Curricula for Homeschooling
Prima Latina Text Set











Gifts for Sacramental Celebrations
Child's Pearl Rosary Bracelet and Necklace












Aside from just the shopping site, A&M also has a multitude of online resources for staying up on the latest and greatest Catholic products.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment