Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Update from Michigan

Michigan
I know my "Blog Novena" has been quiet the last few days, and for that I apologize. We, as in my family, are in Michigan. We arrived the other day, and the long travel from Alaska as well as catching up with family has gobbled up my time the past few days.

So let me update you on a few things:

  • That being said, I still plan on making a Very Special Announcement tomorrow about the special blog project that I intend to start. I had envisioned this announcement and the "launch" being a bit grand in scale, but instead I will have to scale it back a bit due to some time constraints and some logistical problems. The project itself will still be as scheduled, and it will involve many of you, the readers and fellow bloggers... so please stay tuned.
  • I would love to have a Michigan Blognic while I am here.  There are lots of Michigan bloggers that I would love to meet up with, so if you are from Michigan, and read this, let's try and get something together. I have been in preliminary talks with Diane from Te Deum and hope to get something for the middle or end of next week some time. Please email me: angelsdefendus [at] gmail if you want to join in or participate.
  • I haven't made it to any churches here. I had a whole "plan" for this trip, but I am learning a lot about traveling with your family and especially a small child. The biggest lesson Circadian Rhythm > Societal Imposed Time Constraints = 20mos old waking from a "nap" at 1am thinking it is sometime in the early evening. So, my plan to go to daily Mass at a billion different churches has proven to be a little, well, unsuccessful so far. Let's see if I can change things after the weekend. 

I have today is the first full day that we have been here, so hopefully things over the next two weeks will be a little more "regular" in terms of posting. But considering that we have a wedding, Tiger Baseball playoffs begin, and the chance to possibly go hunting are all on my horizon, we will see how well these plans of mine continue to iron out.

So please Stay Tuned...

•••

No comments:

Post a Comment