Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Today could have been a week..."

Kathryn Lopez, fellow Catholic, and writer for National Review tweeted that today, and she was right:
"Today could have been a week..."
A lot happened in the world today. Joe Paterno, Penn State, Rick Perry, Alaskan Storms, A Christmas Tree Tax that was and then wasn't, Oscar news taking a back seat to everything else, The 'Wall' is still down and hardly anyone remembered, we found out that Bill Keane died, and well... lots more. I couldn't possibly even touch any of these without writing a novel-length post... so I won't try. (I know, I am a quitter-before-I-start..-er).

As it always seems to happen on big news days, I was pre-occupied with life. I used to be a a news hound, in a former life and still play one on TV. Honestly, as someone that has worked on a newspaper and in politics, days like this are DEFCON-2 (the highest level this country has ever been - allegedly.) Anymore though, I seem to be busy when days like this happen. Corapi, Pavone, Bin Laden, and today just to name a few. I know my blog doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things, but I still find it personally ironic.

I feel like God is sending me a message on days like today. I am off living, I get back to my computer and Wow, "that happened today"... wow. It is a message to me, that life keeps going and God keeps being God. Our lives aren't defined by what happens in the world while we are here, our lives are defined by what we do while we are here, even if it doesn't affect the world. God doesn't care how big we get, God cares how big we live our lives.

When I wake up tomorrow, maybe we will be back at DEFCON-5... but then again it is the start of Trapping Season here in Alaska, which I may try my hand at...

Oh darn, there I go living life again...


†††

No comments:

Post a Comment