Thursday, September 29, 2011

Michaelmas: Sept. 29 - 2nd Blogiversary - Feast of the Archangels

Today is a very special day around here!

It is Michaelmas, or the Feast of St. Michael in the Traditional Calendar (further explanation of the older Feast), and the Feast of the Archangels in the Modern Calendar.  As you all know, or can tell, this blog is protected, and under patronage of St. Michael especially, but all the Holy Angels. So it is one of the most celebrated Feasts around here, hopefully I will get to go to Mass somewhere special today.

Blog Novena
Today also ends the "Blog Novena to the Holy Angels". I was hoping that I would be getting more posts done, but the fact that we travelled 4300 miles right in the middle of it sort of quieted some of its thunder. I still got a few posts out, but I am glad I highlighted the Angels, a topic that is sometimes "under-treated" by the Catholic blogosphere except in certain circles. I really wish I would have planned better and pre-written some stuff and scheduled them to post, but I honestly have been quite busy with travels, and the like. I will of course continue to make it a main focus on this blog, but I am glad in the very least I was able to get some info and resources to the readers.

Blogiversary
It is also the 2nd Blogiversary of this little blog adventure. I started it on this date for a reason, 2 years ago. A lot has changed in my life, in my spiritual life, and my understanding of the faith. Much of that is due to blogging and even more so to the people that I have met along the way. I don't want to make this day about me in anyway, so just know this fact.

So thank you to all my readers for their comments, emails, Tweets, and other forms of communication. I plan to continue this blog and my spiritual warfare. We need each other in the battles of everyday life, we cannot do it alone. I look forward to walking with many of you on our journeys.

A Very Special Announcement
Finally, later today I will be making the Very Special Announcement that I have been "teasing" since before the "Blog Novena" began. It is a project that is in the early stages of development and thought, but that I have been contemplating for a while. It is a culmination of the "Blog Novena" and of two years of blogging. It is something of a "new focus", at least in part, of what I want to do with this blog and my spirituality. It will be a "Blog Project" and not the focus of this blog, so we will see where it all goes. That announcement will be coming later today... so stay tuned.
"Then war broke out in Heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back, but the could not prevail and there was no longer any place for them in Heaven. The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, which is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it." - Apocalypse 12:7-9

†††

No comments:

Post a Comment