Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome to The Blog Novena to St. Michael and the Holy Angels

Today begins our Nine (9) Day exploration of The Angels, Spiritual Warfare, and the Ecclesia Militans. A Blog Novena to the Holy Angels. What that means is that for the next nine days, we will be praying, discussing, and learning about these various areas of our faith in honor of them as a gift from God. This will all culminate on the 9th day, September 29th - The Feast of the Archangels, with a very special announcement.
Promotional Video for the Blog Novena

I know that the St. Michael Novena traditionally starts on the 20th (yesterday) because the last day for the Novena is the 28th, the day upon which the Michaelmas Vigil occurs. So please don't think you have it wrong, I am actually the one taking the less traditional route here and having this "Blog Novena" run on a slightly different path. Since it isn't only a prayer novena, but more of a blog series and catechetical event, I figured that slightly altering the timing would help make this distinct from the St. Michael Novena itself. (I am leading that Novena as part of this series starting today.)

What this Blog Event is All About!
··°†°··
St. Michael, the Archangel
So what is this special event, this Nine Day Blog Novena to the Holy Angels all about? Well, I started this blog in patronage to St. Michael and the other Holy Angels, 2 years ago on the feast of St. Michael and the Archangels. Through that time a lot of ups and downs have occurred on this blog, in my spiritual life, in the world, and in my family life. Since that time I believe I have become a more devoted Catholic, and I am also more aware of how much wonder and awesomeness exists in our faith that sometimes goes unknown because there is so much to learn and it can be a little overwhelming. I figured I would celebrate the blog's second anniversary with this catechetical series, if you will, on the Holy Angels.

Therefore, over the next nine days there will be all sorts of posts about angels, spiritual warfare, and the Ecclesia Militans (the Church Militant). Art, prayers, reflections, opinions, questions, etc... will be used to explore the world of spiritual protection which has been given to us by God as a guide and guardian to the gates of Heaven. I look forward to good comments and discussions in the comment boxes, and hope that if you have any questions, comments, or concerns you will let me know. Realize that I have neither the knowledge or time to write everything there is to know about these subjects in nine days, but I hope that each day you take something new.

A Very Special Announcement - September 29th: The Feast of the Archangels
·°†°·
Finally, this nine day period, this series and novena are also meant to be a time of preparation. They are a run up not only to the 2nd anniversary of this blog, but also to a very special announcement I will be making on September 29th, the Feast of the Archangels. On that date, I will announce a new "project", of sorts, that I will be undertaking and asking all of you to join in on. So please stay tuned for that. It really will be an opportunity for this blog community to live out its namesake.

So enjoy the next nine days, and I look forward to all the wonder and splendor that is the world of:
Angels,
Spiritual Warfare,
&
the Ecclesia Militans


•†•

No comments:

Post a Comment