Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Patron Saint of ...

Jeff Miller, more famously known as The Curt Jester, published a clever post called "Saintly Planning" - advice on the things you need to do to become a saint.

Here's an excerpt:
Plus I think you really want to figure out what you are going to be the patron saint of ahead of time. Otherwise you might get one of those ironic patronages the Church seems to love so much. Pick wisely because you will be doing it for eternity or else you might get put in charge of the lost and found like St. Anthony.

And then, Larry and Dan tagged me, so I plagiarized Larry's post by copy and pasting it.


Here are the rules:


  • For this meme, you must name your patronage.

  • Then tag 5 other people who would like to play along.

  • Linking your answer to your nominator's post would make it easier to get your answers.



Larry had other people choose his, but I am going to stick to the rules.

I choose being the patron of Hockey players. Mostly because last night I got some bad news about a pro, and really my life has been closely related to hockey players that have had struggles. I think there is something about the sport that makes people have some struggles. I also know that a lot of players are really good people and just would love to be some support and help to them. Plus, having a prayer card while wearing a Jersey would be awesome. (Vincenzo, feel free to mock up a prayer card with me, and a Red Wings or Canadiens jersey :)

Oh - by the way - the following future saints have been tagged to complete the meme as written:

All the people I actually think might respond to this were already tagged, so I am changing it. If you want to respond, respond and then link in the comment box. K thanks.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment