Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7 Characteristics of an Entrepreneur

Entrepreneurship

What makes you an entrepreneur? What keeps you going?

Here are my thoughts on what makes me an entrepreneur...

My 7 characteristics that define me as an entrepreneur:

1. Vision - about a new idea, innovation or market that makes a positive difference
2. Passion - limitless drive to pursue my ideas and dreams
3. Belief - in my ability to convert my ideas into something meaningful
4. Optimism - in the face of adversity that doors will open, and a never say die attitude
5. Learning - from past mistakes & failures which are plenty, and my openness to new ideas
6. Creativity - to try out new approaches & business models until something sticks
7. Relationships - with my team members, networks, partners & advisers to execute on my vision

Ultimately, an entrepreneur loves what he does, and does what he loves (that is my mantra)!

Is an entrepreneur also an innovator who must create new business innovations to succeed? Or is the entrepreneur a smart businessman or woman who instinctively knows how to execute and operate a business successfully? What do you think?

Can an entrepreneur transform into a creative leader?

Share your thoughts & beliefs on what makes you as an entrepreneur! I would love to hear your ideas...

Sanjay Dalal
CEO & founder
OGoing Inc.
chief innovator
InnovationMain.com
p.s. Check out my Apple's Innovation Strategy eBook that will help you develop & launch successful new innovations like Apple... or
Download my leading Business Innovation eBook & Resource Kit used by over 600 innovators worldwide...

Here are a few good articles online on 7 characteristics of an entrepreneur:
The 7 Essential Characteristics Every Entrepreneur Needs
7 Key Qualities of a Successful Entrepreneur
The 7 Characteristics Of A Successful Entrepreneur
The 7 Best Characteristics Of An Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment