Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve & Christmas Traditions...

It is my wife and I's first Christmas as a married couple, and also our first Christmas away from home. We are in a bitter-sweet mood about this. We are sad to not be with family, but we are also excited to start our OWN traditions and carry on some older ones.

My wife is going to attempt a Wigilia with some Alaskan twists. I know that is an odd combo but it sounds good to me.

We also have been growing our "Alaskan Family" and look to spend some time with them. We really have been blessed by the OVERWHELMING love and outreach we have received from the families at our new parish home. We couldn't have asked for more love and support, and so we are excited to spend such an important and joyous time with people that are not only loving, but share in our faith and beliefs about this season.

I plan on blogging over the next few days if possible... but in case I don't or you don't read I wanted to make sure I wished everyone a very Merry Christmas! So if you are reading... let me know some of your interesting or unique Christmas traditions... we are just starting so this is the best time for us to implement them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment