Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cowboy Code = Manhood Code?

Dave over at Truemanhood.com hit it out of the park again with his posting of Gene Autry's "Cowboy Code."  He thinks that this code is applicable nowadays to all men. I agree. Dave also explains that these are mandatory and not suggestions or optional in certain cases. I agree with that as well.



I wonder if this needs to be changed at all to relate it to Catholic men? I don't really think it does - but I definitely think that there are some things that we are called to do as Catholic men that may not be encompassed in this code.

Overall though... I think if we as men live by this code or any other in this ilk, our society would be much better off. Like I said, Truemanhood.com hit another one out of the park

No comments:

Post a Comment