Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baby Names - Questions and Answers: A Thread

My wife and I are expecting in a few months, our first, and of course the NAME topic has come up quite a bit. We have been pretty civil with each other, but out fear is what others will say.

I have different thoughts on this subject but I figured I would pose some questions and then open up discussion in the comments section.

What do people think about "strange" Saints names, or Blesseds and Venerables? How about Pope John Paul II, do you name your son John Paul, or Karol? What about "long" Saint names, like Maximilian Kolbe, to ensure people know the "who and why" of the name?

What about traditions, like Joseph or Mary as a first name, but then using and calling them by their middle name? How do you utilize family names, like grandmothers names? Do you use the first or the last? Which side?

What do you all think? POST AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment