Thursday, August 18, 2011

WYD Pilgrim: Stolen Camera Fund - Please Help




JPSonnen
JPSonnen over at Orbis Catholicus Secundus has had his camera while in Madrid! If you have never been to his website, you are missing out on some great "Catholic Eye Candy." Go Check It Out!

Then read his sad tale:
Today, for the first time ever, yours truly got his camera stolen. The camera, and 800 pics, gone. Included were three priceless photos of Polish sisters at the WYD. It was at a restaurant. I think it was a waiter. With our translator, I complained to the management. The small room was full of pilgrims. I doubt a pilgrim stole it. I think I know which waiter it might have been. Our hands were tied.

God has a plan.

My camera does not leave my side. I take every precaution. I had it on the table at my side. I am a poor man and am here for free as a tour guide with a group. Even our meals are free as registered pilgrims. If anybody wants to give 500 euro for a new camera I will love you forever.

Lord has a plan. And part of it is our own sanctification. Pain, suffering and let down is essential.
We need to be praying for all those pilgrims at WYD in Madrid, but we should also be fasting and giving alms. Maybe this is your opportunity to spare a few dollars to help this man out. His pictures really do capture the grace and mercy of the faith.

Head over to:
On the right hand column down at the bottom you will find his donate button. Hopefully my little effort here will help.

Some of his work:









###

No comments:

Post a Comment