Saturday, October 17, 2009

Support a Catholic Speaker Month - info


So the folks over at Fallible Blogma have a pretty cool thing going. It's called "Support a Catholic Speaker Month." Their goal is to get the Catholic Blogosphere to promote Catholic Speakers. They compiled a list of 101 speakers by previously running a poll/vote for readers of favorite speakers. They have now taken that list and are doing a cross-promotional type of marketing scheme to get bloggers and the speakers themselves a little more publicity and promotion. In actuality the idea is pretty genius and forward thinking. I mean what better way to integrate all sorts of online social networks, websites, and like minded people?

The way it works is:
  1. Readers of the blog and twitter feed (of Fallible Blogma) pick a speaker from the list and then do a profile of that speaker on their OWN blog.
  2. Then there is linkback to the FallibleBlogma.com.
  3. FallibleBlogma.com is then going to compile the list, creating a nice little resource for Catholic speakers.
So I am going to do this, and it really seems like a neat thing. I will post my speaker in the next post or so, but I wanted to get the idea out there, so there is a concept of what I am doing. Also, I wanted to get some readers (I have readers?) to possibly think about doing the same thing on your own blogs. Not only will it help some great speakers, but will get your blog some traffic. Just follow the links above and the rest is simple....


No comments:

Post a Comment