Saturday, October 24, 2009

Prayer Challenge: Carry a Rosary with you!



A few years ago I was listening to a radio program on Catholic radio and heard a pries talking about how he ALWAYS carried a Rosary with him. I thought to myself, "Always?" He proceeded to explain, ALWAYS. Even while swimming one day at a local public pool, some of his students approached him and he pulled it out of his pocket, a plastic one he carried specifically for such situations, one capable of getting wet. So I thought, "What a great idea?" (I will save you the reasons behind my desire to do this, and my faith journey story... but if you'd like to know just ask).

This priest explained that he started doing it because he realized he wasn't praying enough. He also did it as his devotion to Mary began to grow. He decided one day to count the times he prayed each day, and did this for a week. He then carried a Rosary in his pocket for a whole week and counted the times he grabbed it and prayed, again doing this for a whole week. Im sure you can guess the results!


So I challenge you all to do the same! You don't even have to do a week each, try one day each way. SEE THE DIFFERENCE! Remember... you don't have to pray a WHOLE Rosary, or even a decade. Heck, don't even pray a Hail Mary every time (it would be nice :)) but just PRAY, ask for Prayers from Mary, and see the difference it makes! This will take NO time from your day, will not make it harder, and you can't "forget" to pray if you have it in your pocket :) Everytime you need a prayer or any time you put your hand in your pocket and feel your Rosary, say a quick prayer! (I put mine in the same pocket as my cell phone so that I am guaranteed to feel it :)

Let me know if you take the challenge and let me know how it goes! If you need a new Rosary check out "Aquinas and More's" Rosary Shop: Rosary Catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment